Tucker Publishing Group offers an outstanding work environment in a fabulous historic building along the Ohio River in Downtown Evansville, Ind. Our staffers are passionate about all facets of magazine publishing – editorial, art, advertising, and production. We produce stylish, smart, and informative print and online publications that enhance the quality of life for residents and visitors to Southwestern Indiana.
Tucker Publishing Group is currently seeking smart, motivated students for internships in our editorial, art, and marketing departments for the Fall 2016 semester.
The ideal Editorial Intern candidate is energetic and hard-working, with some experience in journalism or communications. This valuable opportunity may include duties such as:
• Writing stories as assigned by editors
• Interviewing sources
• Assisting with completion of special advertising sections
• Answering incoming phone calls
• Proofreading content and fact checking stories
• Maintaining calendar event listings
Requirements: Editorial interns typically major in journalism, writing, communications, or a related field. The most important requirement is excellent writing skills. Other assets include a strong grasp of grammar, solid business and interview etiquette, mastery of Microsoft Word and Excel, the ability to handle multiple projects on tight deadlines, and personal responsibility. Knowledge of The Associated Press Stylebook, Adobe Photoshop, and the Evansville community are a plus but not required. Please send a cover letter and resume to: Nicole Neff, Managing Editor, at email@example.com.
The ideal Graphic Design Intern is a talented self-starter with a passion for design and editorial layout. The student in this position will assist the creative team by:
• Designing/editing print ads and collateral materials
• Conceptualizing special advertising sections
• Shooting photography at events
• Assisting with magazine production
• Researching, gathering, and/or archiving materials
• Posting content to our website
Requirements: Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator . Candidates must have completed introductory design courses. Experience with web design and graphics for social media is a plus. Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to Heather Gray, Creative Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ideal Marketing Intern candidate is energetic and hard-working, with some experience in sales, marketing, and/or public relations. This may include duties such as:
• Delivering magazines to clients and area businesses
• Assisting with fulfillment of marketing offers
• Aiding in event promotion
• Communicating with advertising clients regarding artwork and deadlines
• Answering incoming phone calls
Please send a cover letter and resume to Jennifer Rhoades, Account Executive, at email@example.com.
Tucker Publishing Group internships may be paid or unpaid, with or without school credit, depending on the needs of the student and Tucker Publishing Group. USI students interested in TPG internships must be prepared to register for your department’s internship course in order to be considered a Lilly Foundation Intern.
If you think you’d be a good fit for one of our open positions, please read the application instructions above or send the form below: