Is there planned road maintenance this summer in Evansville?
Though the COVID-19 virus affected several projects, the city has completed a number of stretches of paving on roads over the last few months. These include:
• Stringtown Road between Diamond Avenue and Pigeon Creek
• West Columbia Street from Fulton to North Lafayette avenues
• Lincoln Avenue between Boeke Road and Vann Avenue
• Fielding Road from Lincoln Avenue to the Lloyd Expressway
• Hoosier Avenue from Morgan Avenue to Old Boonville Highway
• Hirsch Road from Green River to Burkhardt roads
Be on the lookout for more paving projects at:
• Broadway Avenue from South
• Barker Avenue to the city-county line
• Alvord Boulevard from Washington Avenue to the Lloyd Expressway
• Bellemeade Avenue from S.E. Eighth Street to Alvord Boulevard
What is the status of the Deaconess Aquatic Center?
The quarantine orders haven’t stopped construction on the Deaconess Aquatic Center. With construction fencing up, crews have been able to complete excavation work and installation of stability piles for the center’s competition pool. Other work finished includes electrical and storm water piping installation, and underground piping for the pump room.
The project continues with the foundations for the pools currently underway. An opening still is expected for summer of 2021.
Will there be a new pedestrian bridge at Washington Avenue and Highway 41?
According to Evansville Mayor Lloyd Winnecke’s office, this project is finding its footing. The Indiana Department of Transportation has begun the design and analysis process. A project championed by many community residents, the city and state have come to an agreement on cost-sharing for the project. Though it’s slated as a 2023 project, city leadership is pushing for an earlier start date if funding becomes available.
Curious about a project, business, or development in Evansville? Email us at webmaster (at) evansvilleliving.com!